Corn Chowder Gone FOWL

Corn Chowder Gone Fowl
Typical Tuesday AM? I think NOT!
Waking up at 2:30 am to a little one wanting to
climb into our bed put a major kink in my neck!

So drifting off to la la land again all I could think
about was making this chowder in just a few short hours before a 9am meeting with my pastor. I had told him I would make lunch for our meeting, because I love to cook and because I know he would Like a home cooked meal.



So up I was and cooking I started before 7 am. I had selected Corn Chowder the night before while
we were shopping, so I made sure I had all the
ingredients I needed to make a yummy chowder and having made this before I knew it was fairly simple to make.

6 cups frozen whole kernel corn thawed
1 cup chopped onion (1 large)
1 cup green pepper (I did not use cause nobody but me likes peppers)
2 tbsp cooking oil
2 (14oz) can of chicken broth
2 cups cubed peeled potato
2 cups milk (I used 1 cup skim 1 cup half&half)
3 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black ground pepper
GOING WILD I ADDED THESE ingredients
8 slices of turkey bacon cooked crispy drained
and cut up
2 half breast of chicken, cooked drained and
chopped up
Start cooking bacon (if you have not already)
* sometimes you can cook extra pieces on the
weekend and set aside for this.

In Large sauce pan cook onion and green peppers
in hot oil toll tender and not brown

In large soup pot put chicken broth, onion,
(peppers) and oil together

Add chopped up potato and bring to boil

Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.



**Good time to cook chicken in same pan that
you just cooked the onion and peppers in.



Cut the chicken into small bit sized pieces.



Once completely cooked add to the large pot.
After 10 minutes covered uncover and add
thawed corn and cook 10 more minute till
potato is tender.


In separate bowl combine flour, milk, half&half,
pepper and salt mix well, add to mixture on stove, cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.

...And if your tastes allow - Add the Chicken and Bacon (this is where my chowder when FOWL!)





















































Comments

Popular Posts